Monday, October 14, 2013

Artz Eudora

My ghost hunting this weekend has brought me to my Aunt Eudora. She is actually my second cousin, Eudora Alice Welty. 

Her grandmother and my great grandmother were sisters. 

Eudora's Mother
                                       My Great Grandmother

I met her once at her home in Mississippi. My grandmother and she had shared several summer vacations together in West Virginia. She used to tell me I reminded her of Eudora.

 Miss Welty was an author of novels and short stories. She was a photographer. She won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1973 for her novel The Optimist’s Daughter.  She received the Presidential Medal of Freedom and many other awards and honors.

This week The Artz Council presents art inspired by Eudora Alice Welty.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment