Monday, July 29, 2013

Artz of Watermelon

I remember those warm, sunny, days on the back steps of our house in Ft. Walton Beach Florida. We lived on a canal not far from gulf beaches and the smell of warm salty water mixed with watermelon is a favorite of mine. Sweet sticky juice runs down my arms, my chin, onto to my skinny sun-browned knees and down my legs.  I eat a thick slice and grin at mom while she snaps a few photographs to mail to my grandmother.  That was the free summer days. At night I attempted to mimic my father as he ate a slice with a fork and salt and pepper. It was good both ways.


Watermelon improves your “health esteem”. It is an excellent source of vitamin A, C and surprise! B6.

All you need to grow watermelons are soil, water, sun and bees.

Watermelons are 92% water and were once used like canteens to carry water. They are related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash and there are over 200 varieties.


First harvested about 5,000 years ago in Egypt they can be found depicted in hieroglyphics on the walls of ancient buildings.

Join us this week as we discover at the Artz of Watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment