Monday, August 24, 2015

Banana Artz

I have just recently returned from being a recluse in Mexico. I more or less, ate, drank and thought.


What I thought about was how I had gotten so far from things I enjoyed. How I had lost my way and how to get back.

While enjoying the day  I came across a banana tree. It was not upright and proud, waving it's green leaves about as if in celebration or maybe more like drunk girls gone wild on the dance floor.... "wave your arms in the air like you just don't care" style. It was tired, worn, not strong enough to carry its burden.  It looked like I felt. The stalk that contained the bananas was propped up. It was being tenderly helped by the kindness and concern of a gardener.


This banana tree inspired me, the mercy of the gardener inspired me.

I am also tended by a gardener. The Great Gardner of everything.

This week I present Bananas.
"Brazilian Landscape with anteater" (1649) by  Frans Janszoon Post. This painting is in The Alte Pinakothek an art museum situated in the Kunstareal in Munich, Germany. It shows  a banana tree alongside a palm tree on the right. 


No comments:

Post a Comment