Monday, February 15, 2016

Art of the Dish Washer

If you cook something you usually have to clean something. 


Pots, pans, baking sheets, broilers, bowls, spoons, knives and in my kitchen it can be a seemingly endless parade of all of the above. 


Then add in the plates and glasses and serving platters.  Cleaning it all can take longer than making it all.

Some goes in the dishwasher and some (my grandmother’s crystal goblets) I wash by hand. I have been washing dishes since I was 7. My mother washed dishes until I turned 7. 


My children may have washed dishes once or twice. I used to sing as I washed. I made up songs like only a creative 7-year-old can. Songs about what we had for dinner, what I wanted to be, farm animals and my mother.



Dish washing must not be very glamorous to paint because finding works with women or men washing the dishes was hard to find. Lots of dishes and many paintings of dirty dishes with bits of food on them that needed washing. 

This week enjoy the Art of the Dish Washer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment