Monday, May 1, 2017

Birds and Their Men


                          

A friend posted up on Facebook about their wonderful evening at Medieval Times. I have been several times enjoying the show and wishing I could get back stage and meet the horses, knights, and the birds. You could say it was a "Bucket List" thing for me. My dad had taken me to see the Lipizzan Stallions
once upon a time and he somehow managed to arrange an introduction to one of the Paso Finos.

It was like touching magic. 

One day as I was out on an escapade I bumped into a man. He was intrigued by me and asked if I had ever been to Medieval Times. I confessed my bucket list. He asked me to attend as his guest the following Friday. Surprised, I said yes. He left my name at the door and as I watched the show there he was. In the arena, in Garb with a huge bird perched on his arm, staring up at me. I waved, he smiled and both him and the bird entertained the crowd. After the show he asked if I would like to go meet some of the knights and horses. YES!!!!

The horses were beautiful. The knights were.... have you ever seen the locker room interviews after a football game? It was like that only sexier. Last he introduced me to his bird. As we were chatting he told me he had more at his home and invited me to dinner the following week to see them all. 
                           
                               Falconer - Spanish (unknown)

This gorgeous man with long flowing hair and looked like he had stepped off the cover of a Romance novel had all kinds of birds of prey in his home. They were trained and used not only for the show but also actively hunted with. 

Thanks to my friends trip to Medieval Times I was inspired by my own experience. 
This week enjoy Birds and Their Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment